The Sariska Tiger Reserve is home to a number of carnivores including Leopard, Wild Dog, Jungle Cat, Hyena, Jackal, and Tiger. The herbivore category in Sariska includes Sambhar, Chitel, Nilgai, Chausingha, Wild Boar and Langur. Sariska wildlife sanctuary is also known for its large population of Rhesus Monkeys.
There are also many bird species in Sariska Tiger Reserve, namely;Peafowl, Grey Partridge, Bush Quail, Sand Grouse, Tree Pie, Golden Backed Wood Pecker, Crested Serpent Eagle and the Great Indian Horned Owl.
Special Attractions in Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary
The Kankwari Fort
The major historic structure within the Sariska National Park includes the Kankwari Fort where Emperor Aurangzeb once imprisoned his brother, Dara Shikoh.
The Ancient Shiva Temples
The Neelkanth Temples within the Sariska Tiger Sanctuary date back to the 6th -13th century AD, though in dilapidated condition, is a must visit.
The Sariska Palace
The Maharajas of Alwar built the Sariska Palace standing amidst the Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary. The Palace has now been converted into a hotel.
SEASON OF SAFARI
The best way to explore the Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary is by jeep which can be arranged at the Forest Reception Office on Jaipur Road. You can even book a `hide' overlooking one of the water holes, and also provides an excellent opportunity for wildlife viewing and wildlife photography within the Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary.As such, the Sariska Tiger Reserve can be visited throughout the year.
Still the Best time to have Sariska tour is whole year i.e. from (January - December).
The summer and winter timings of the Jeep Safaris at Sariska National Park are given below:-
Winter Timings: Morning Safari: Evening Safari:
Entry: 6 : 30 hrs 13 : 30 hrs
Exit: 10: 30 hrs 18: 00 hrs
Summer Timings: Morning Safari: Evening Safari:
Entry: 6 : 00 hrs 14 : 00 hrs
Exit: 10 : 00 hrs 18 : 30 hrs
Certain jungle tracks are closed during the monsoon and the breeding research paper writer season just to safeguard the animals and the reserve. If you can tolerate heat, April to June is ideal to catch-hold of the animals at the waterholes.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Park Safari by Jeep (Open) 06:00 AM to 10:00 AM and (Close) 01:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- Knowledgeable English Speaking Naturalist
- Drive to Sariska National Park
- Transfer facilities to and from Railway Station and Hotel
- Transport Arrangements to any part of India by Ac / Non Ac Car / Coach
- Railway Ticketing
- Accommodation Arrange at Hotel of your choice
- Assistance on arrival and departure
Rules and Regulations
The best way to explore the Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary is by jeep which can be arranged at the Forest Reception Office on Jaipur Road. You can even book a 'hide' overlooking one of the water holes, and research paper writer also provides an excellent opportunity for wildlife viewing and wildlife photography within the Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Jeep with less then five tourists would not be allowed to enter into the park. Similarly. If anyone wants to enter the park in Jeep with lesser number of tourist he will be required to make the payment of entry fee at least twenty tourist.
- For tour Organizer/Operators seeking advance booking would be required to research paper writer the time of reservation and nationality etc. In prescribed Performa, random checking at the time of actual visit may be done on the basis of information submitted at the time of advance reservations. For Indian tourist also details of names and address would be required for at the advance reservation.
- Note on advance information and prepayments at least 60 days in advance jeep drive are possible to arrange, subject to availability with the RTDC as per the rules of the forest department. Only 12 jeeps are allowed in the park per trip.
- Once the jeep is booked on the name of the party/group the amount of booking is neither refundable nor adjustable.